3.25.2015

Work in Progress Wednesday ~ Spring Knit Dress


This afternoon I finished a dress!

We are taking a family vacation to Palm Springs and I just had to make a new dress!
I wanted something easy that I could wear with sandals.
Also, a dress I can slip easily over a swim suit.


The fabric is a Rayon Spandex Jersey that I purchased at a local Seattle fabric store.
The drape is lovely.
The cap sleeves are cut on the bias to give the sleeves a nice drape.
The underarm is finished with a double fold self fabric trim.


I am really happy with the neckline finish.  It is a single fold binding that is wrapped around the seam and stitched in the ditch so the stitching disappears.  It is a beautiful neckline finish.



I used my Dritz Ezy-Hem to mark the dress hem.  I overlocked the raw edge and then folded the finished edge to the wrong side.  I lined up the finished edge to the 5/8" line and pressed right on the Ezy-Hem.  It is made out of aluminum so you can press right on it!  I pinned the hem in place and stitched from the wrong side at 1/2".  A Super Easy hem finish.

Head on over to Freshly Pieced for some lovely Works in Progress.
I hope you find some time for creativity today!

xo
Charise


4 comments:

  1. Dritz Ezy-Hem, I had not heard of it, need to get one. Pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress is lovely!! Thanks for the reminder of the Ezy Hem. One of those forgotten dressmaking tools!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming & delightful little capped sleeve dress! Perfect for travel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely dress ~ you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love to read your comments - they make my day!!